Friday 15 February 2013

Seeds and snowdrops

Today I planted some more seeds; this time it was tomatoes and more chillies.  The chilli seeds were brought from the South Devon Chilli Farm, who have a great reputation, and I had great success with their seeds last year.  So today it was a yellow chilli that went in - Golden Cayenne - another HOT one! 

The sun was streaming in the window and the windowsills were positively crying out to be filled full of seeds to germinate!  Spring feels as though it is just around the corner....
 

Here is my seed collection for this season.  Some are leftover from last year, others, I have just purchased.  And some were freebies I picked up along the way!


The snowdrops are really adding a Spring-like feel to the garden now.





The slightly warmer temperatures and sunshine are making me want to start getting the garden into order again.  Despite it being a very small space, it needs a lot of work as it has been neglected over the winter.  The soil needs clearing of cat poo and turning over.  Last years dead things needs cutting back and clearing.   Toys need moving and we need to put guttering on the garage to prevent it flooding one of the beds I want to use for veggies.  I also need to sort out the patio tubs I use - many of them are water-logged with old, wet compost, which needs partly throwing and partly mixing with new compost (which I need to acquire!). 

The greenhouse needs sorting and I need to move the guinea pigs back outside, although I will wait a few more weeks for this.  The shelves I will use for seedlings need putting up in the greenhouse.  And that's all for starters!

I am going to try and aim for 20 minutes per day in the garden from now on (with the exception of Monday/Tuesdays) to start getting things sorted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment